Bursary Award 2011
Only communities entering the Whole City section of The International Awards for Liveable Communities are eligible to apply for a Bursary Award of up to £10,000.
• The entry must attract matching funding of up to £10,000 but the total cost must not exceed £20,000. A detailed budget must be submitted with the Bursary Application.
• An Award will be made for an entry that furthers the objective of the creation of a liveable community and satisfies one or more of The International Awards for Liveable Communities Judging Criteria.
• There is no restriction on the format of the entry, e.g. construction, education, technical exchange, research etc.
• The initiative must be completed within twelve months of the Award.
• Applications must give full details of the reason for the entry, the outline and objectives and the expected outcomes.
• Applicants should submit three copies of the entry, which must not exceed 3.000 words plus diagrams, pictures, budget etc.
• The amount awarded will be paid on completion of the project at a ceremony, where possible, at the site of the project.
• Recipients of a Bursary Award will be required to provide an article of between 800 and 1,000 words together with photographs, reporting on the project for publication.
• Applications must be registered by the final date for registration in the Whole City Awards Section.#
• There is no limit to the number of entries that a community may submit for the LivCom Bursary Award.
• A number of communities will be invited to be present their Bursary Award at the LivCom Finals. Arrangements for these presentations will be notified at the same time as the invitation to participate in the Finals.
Full details of the Award can be found in the LivCom Registration Brochure.
Nations in Bloom Ltd. reserve the right to cancel any “The International Awards for Liveable Communities” competition and in these circumstances will not be liable for any costs incurred or committed.